Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Wanna Take You to a Gay Bar...

Well, not really. I was just thinking of an appropriate title for today's post and this song popped into my head. It has a slightly disturbing video, but made me giggle.

Anyway, the reason for this musing is that on Friday, we all went to a gay bar. Minx and I are obviously down with the ladies. We like the boobs. Hermit has, in the past few weeks, come to the realisation that he's pretty cool with men too. Well, not 'cool' as such. More 'finds some disturbingly attractive for a man who identifies as straight'. Here's his take on it, for those who are interested. Once he'd got over the initial OMGWTF, and the secondary SRSLYOMGWTF, one of us (can't remember who) suggested going to a bar so he could look at pretty men and potentially do some flirting. And so Minx and I could be the raging lesbians we secretly are. Seriously though, she and I had never really gone out as a couple, so we had a really fun time. Even though it was open to both genders, the vast majority of the crowd were men. Which was slightly odd and a little intimidating, but hey! I was there with my girlfriend and boyfriend, so it was all good :D Plus the doorman told me I have a nice smile as we walked in, which gave me a bit of a boost. Minx and I spent most of the evening cuddling and flirting, and watching people. One of the guys on the table behind us kept staring which was kind of odd. Being in a gay bar, you wouldn't have thought girl-on-girl would have drawn that much of attention.

Hermit, unfortunately, did not find anyone to flirt with :( It appeared to be more of a place you go to with people, rather than a place you go to to meet people. Which was sad. But he said there were only a couple of guys he found attractive there anyway, and they were with a group so ho hum. He is concerned that, being 31, he'd missed the boat for fnding a man. I don't think that this is the case but having gone to a gay bar and had no-one pay him any attention, he's still a bit concerned. He's going to keep looking, and we're going to keep being supportive! It's not like any of us even have time for another partner, but I know he'd like someone to go on a couple of dates with at least. So if anyone knows any cute bi/gay, poly, Christian guys in the DC area, give us a shout...

No comments:

Post a Comment