Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This Thing Called 'Life'

Apparently, outside of the internet, there's this thing called 'life'. It happens to me on a pretty regular basis and makes it rather hard to actually write a regular blog. This is something of an apology and an explanation, and a promise that normal service will resume on Monday.

Last week I gave a baby mild concussion. Not on purpose! Basically, his stroller tipped and I couldn't stop it from falling. That caused a fair bit of drama. Poor guy. He's fine, his mum took him to the hospital on Friday and they said to keep an eye on him but that he should be ok. He's been a bit moody since, but no amazingly huge personality changes. I also had a phone interview with a professor from my first choice school, who was very enthusiastic about my work and about my potential as a PhD student. On Saturday I woke up with a pretty nasty stomache bug which sucks, because Saturday was the day we'd all decided to go to Baltimore to look around as we may be movng there for my school. Despite the stomache bug, I had fun! Baltimore is surprisingly like Birmingham, my home of the past 5 years, and the university campus is GORGEOUS. I spent a lot of Saturday sleeping in the car :( We also saw some friends of Minx and Hermit's, who I like very much. Hermit actually took them to a coffee shop and told them about our triad, which was wonderful. Their basic response was 'yeah, we thought so. Just waiting until you were ready to tell us'. Which, for your average response, is a very good one. They'd like to hang out more and get to know me better which is an entirely mutual feeling, especially now I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with them. I tend to be quiet in groups of people who all know each other. Sunday was spent mostly in bed, mostly feel appalling. I didn't even get to go to orchestra, I was feeling so ill :(

Now I am feeling healthy and happy again :D My stomache is back to normal and I've had a reasonable amount of sleep, though probably still not quite enough. I've also received an official invitation to visit the university I had the phone interview for, which is really great news and I'm waiting to hear from them about dates.

Normal service will resume on Friday! I'm sorry for the delay...but sometimes life happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment