Thursday, April 5, 2012

Absent Thoughts

I've been away for a little bit, and you have my apologies for not giving you any warning. It was my little sister's 21st birthday party on Saturday and I flew home to England as a surprise for her :) Our whole family knew and somehow we managed to keep it from her for months. There were points at which we were sure she'd guessed, most notable my best friend ringing to RSVP to the invitation my Mum sent her, but she didn't! She had no idea! It was wonderful :D Mum came and picked my up from Heathrow at 7.30am and we drove back home. Sister was eating breakfast when we arrived and the look on her face when I walked in was alone worth the stress. We had a huge hug and she started crying. It was so good to see her :) I spent the time I was there with my family, just enjoying having them around. I miss them a lot living abroad and it's by far the hardest part of an international life. I'll be going back again in August, but after that I really don't know how long it will be until I'm next home. Luckily for me, my Mum has started a savings account to save for plane tickets so she can come and visit me next year.

The party itself was great fun and I saw my bestest friend, as well as a lot of other people I haven't seen in several months. I missed my DC family an awful lot though :( I really wish they could have come too, but it's not exactly practical (or cheap) to fly four people to the UK for less than a week. We spoke a lot though and managed to skype on the Child's birthday, which unfortunately coincided with my sister's party. That totally sucked. I really wanted to be there, Minx and Hermit wanted me there...Child did too, but I think Minx and Hermit were more upset by my absence than she was. I will definitely be there next year though! It was slightly strange. I remember Hermit tellng me about skyping for the her birthday last year, as he was in the UK and they were in DC. Kind of strange me being the one on skype :)

No comments:

Post a Comment