Monday, April 9, 2012

Strangers in my House

The grandfather and aunt of the children I look after are visiting for a week. It's...weird. Grandfather is sleeping in the room I have to walk through to get to my bedroom and this means I feel compelled to be back by 10pm...when my normal arrival time if I've been with Minx and Hermit is closer to 11pm. Mainly, I'm having issues with the fact that there are strangers in the house I have to live in. It's weird enough living with my employers, but having strangers for a week is very unsettling. I'm kind of used to having the place to myself during the day. Mom works from home, but a lot of the time she's in her room and the baby and I are entertaining ourselves. I find it very off-putting to be trying to do my job around people who want to do it for free. I had a slight issue this morning. I started at 9am, as normal, but the grandfather and aunt were playing with the boys. Does this mean I didn't start work until 9.30, when the baby was handed over to me? Or at 9, when I was ready to work and found it necessary to busy myself by tidying up and generally hanging round.
Urg. I have no idea.

Never mind, they'll be gone soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment