Thursday, February 7, 2013

Resurrection!

I was talking to Hermit last night (we had a date night, yay!) and he told me, in no uncertain terms, that I need to start posting again. I have been holding off for a while because (apart from being ridiculously, amazingly busy) I just don't feel like I have anything to talk about. He kind of verbally beat me for a while, in the kindest possible way, just listing things that I could write about...so I feel like I've just been lazy for not posting in, like, a year.
*sigh*

Basically yes, I am lazy.

So I should give you all a bit of an update about where my life is right now. I'm still in grad school though I feel like it was touch and go for a while. My first semester was incredibly rough. I went through several months asking myself everyday why I was putting doing this, and on top of that I was horrific to live with. It was very, very unfun. Then Christmas was wonderful, I spent most of the time sewing and totally ignoring work as much as I could, whilst still working on a paper and having language classes. I finally relaxed for the first time in forever. I went back to the UK and spent some time at home and then had a minor breakdown the night before I flew back to Baltimore. Which I think terrified my Mum :/ I did NOT want to come back to this strange country, and put myself back into this school which was killing me last semester. And then I spent about an hour on the plane crying, and I was in the worst mood when we finally landed :( it was a sad thing. I felt awful for Minx and Hermit because they were so happy to have me back, and whilst I was happy to see them and the child again I was so scared about being back and going back to school.

I'm back at school now, and it's surprisingly ok. It's just over halfway through the second week, and I have not totally died yet. I even did an archaeology report yesterday that I didn't totally fail at, which is THE most amazing feeling :D Things are looking up, and whilst I'm sure I'll have other low points I think I can do this, and make it all the way through.

I will try and start posting again. No promises - but I'll try.

2 comments:

  1. I've been checking back here once a week or so because I miss you. I'm glad to hear that things are getting better and wish you the very best of luck with everything *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...

    I´m a "unicorn hunter", but am far from any hunting ground for that species.

    Have seen you have been luckier in that subject and would like to learn about harmless catching techniques, from anybody in the world.

    The seeking has been done succesfully, now I´m trying to make de harmless catch.

    My email is gm_119@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance. Gabriel

    ReplyDelete