Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Week of Rest

The Family (the ones whose children I care for), was on vacation for an entire week for the 4th of July. That meant that, apart from taking care of the cats and doing some bits around the house, I had no work to do. The Child was also away, as Minx and Hermit had made the decision to let her grandparents have her for the week. It was the most time we had all spent together, with no children. It was...wonderful, really. More stressful than I think anyone had intended, but it was still wonderful! My stress mainly stemmed from the fact that I had intended to use the week to get a whole load of studying done...and that simply didn't happen. I got some done, but what with having to go between the house and the apartment, get started on some of the Family's packing, starting to pack Minx and Hermit as well as a thousand other errands, I didn't get anywhere near as much done as I wanted. I did manage to move my bed frame and desk from the house to the apartment, which was GREAT! I did not get lost while driving, which was awesome.

We didn't manage to get any date nights in either, which seemed a bit wasteful of an entire child-free week, but actually it was lovely. We just had...life. With me sleeping there the whole week, not having to go to work or worry about anything much. We ate dinner together, lounged around the apartment, watched films...lots of normal, everyday stuff. It was relaxing. And I did lots of baking! Cookies, and chocolate and bananna muffins. It was a delicious week.

There was a 4th of July party which I will detail in another blog. The other exciting thing of the week was that I found something cool on freecycle. It's a piece of German furniture which is designed to go over a couch - kind of like a mantle over a fireplace. This particular one was owned by a military family who bought it over after a posting in Germany. They found it in an antique shop in Germany. It's very beautiful - dark brown wood, with a couple of glass sections backed with antique lace. It will look stunning in our sitting room :D When Hermit and Minx picked it up last week they also took a chest of drawers for me. It is also pretty :D Blue, with very ornate filigree handles.

Given that I waited this long to blog about it, there's not much else I have to say...which will teach me to blog about my weeks in a more timely fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment